NORWOOD will open their 2019 SANFL Statewide Season against Glenelg at Coopers Stadium on Friday the 29th of March at 7:20pm.
In what should be a thrilling first round encounter, the Redlegs will play four of their first six games at the Parade including the traditional Easter Thursday battle against the Magpies.
Among the Redlegs other fixture highlights, it will host the Sturt on Friday night in Round 3, on North Adelaide at Prospect on Anzac Day in Round 5 and it will finish the season away against West Adelaide in Round 18.
Norwood will play ten games at the Parade, which includes five Friday nights, one Thursday, two Saturday and two Sunday.
Norwood’s Family Round match will be held at the Parade when the Redlegs do battle with the Panthers, while their Indigenous round match will see them travel to Glenelg in Round 13.
Two Norwood games will be televised during the 2019 season. The first will be when the Redlegs travel to Alberton to face the Magpies in Round 10 and the second will be the week after when they host the Eagles at Coopers Stadium in Round 11.
Here is a quick rundown of the key points:
- Norwood season opener – Round 1 v Glenelg at Coopers Stadium (Friday 29 March 7:20pm)
- Last game at home – Round 17 v Centrals at Coopers Stadium (Friday 16 August 7:20pm)
- Traditional Easter Thursday game – Round 4 v Port Adelaide at Coopers Stadium (Thursday 18 April 7:20pm)
- ANZAC Round/Grand Final Rematch – Round 5 v North Adelaide at Prospect Oval (Thursday 25 April 2:40pm)
- Indigenous Round – Round 13 v Glenelg at ACH Group Stadium (Sunday 14 July 1:10pm)
- Family Round – Round 14 v South Adelaide at Coopers Stadium (Saturday 20 July 2:10pm)
- State Game – v WAFL at Optus Stadium (Sunday May 12)
- Three Split Rounds – Round 8, 11 and 16.
- Ten games at Coopers Stadium – 1 x Thursday, 5 x Friday Night, 2 x Saturday, 2 x Sunday
- Last Round – Round 18 v West Adelaide at City Mazda Stadium (TBA)
- Two televised games Live and Free on Channel 7. Round 10 v Port Adelaide at Alberton and Round 11 v Eagles at Coopers Stadium.
The Lady Legs will start their 2019 Season against the Roosters at City Mazda Stadium on Friday, February 15.
The women will play three games at the Parade in 2019. They face South Adelaide in Round 2, Sturt in Round 3 and West Adelaide in Round 5.
The 2018 Grand Final rematch will be on show in Round 2 when the Lady Legs take on the Panthers at Coopers Stadium.
The final round of the season will see Norwood face Central District at Alberton Oval on Saturday, May 4 at 11.50am.
From there, the top two sides and the sides who finish 3rd and 4th will play off in two semi-finals before playing a Preliminary Final and Grand Final.
The Grand Final will take place on Sunday May 26 at ACH Group Stadium at 4:00pm.
Entry into all matches will be free.
View the 2019 SANFL Statewide Super Women’s League fixture – here
View the 2019 SANFL Statewide Super Fixture – here