The Norwood Football Club is delighted to announce that Luke Valente (Level 2), Dylan Stephens (Level 1) and Cameron Taheny (Level 1) have all been selected into the AFL Level 1 and Level 2 Academy programs under Head Coach, Luke Power.
AFL Media Release:
The 22 players will receive a NAB AFL Academy scholarship and under the guidance of AFL National Academy Head Coach Luke Power, will come together for accelerated AFL football and personal development camps to be held in Australia and overseas over the next 12 months.
This intake was selected from the NAB AFL Under-16 Championships which recently concluded in Queensland with players aspiring towards the 2019 NAB AFL Draft.
Over two decades, the NAB AFL Academy has produced:
- 464 players drafted – 81 percent of all NAB AFL Academy players
- 43 AFL All-Australians ( including Dylan Shiel, Josh Kelly, Paddy Ryder, Tom Mitchell, Joe Daniher and Matt Crouch named in 2017 )
- 10 Current Captains (Travis Boak, Trent Cotchin, Jack Viney, Jarryd Roughead, Shannon Hurn, Jarrad McVeigh, Marc Murphy, Joel Selwood, Steven May & Jack Ziebell)
- 3 Brownlow Medallists (Chris Judd, Patrick Dangerfield & Adam Cooney)
- 4 Norm Smith Medallists (Luke Hodge, Chris Judd, Andrew Embley, Cyril Rioli)
- 7 NAB AFL Rising Stars (Brett Deledio, Joel Selwood, Daniel Rich, Jaeger O’Meara, Lewis Taylor, Jesse Hogan, Callum Mills)
- 17 of the last 19 years since its inception produced the No. 1 Draft selection.
The Norwood Football Club congratulates its three representatives, as we look forward to sharing their journey to hopefully becoming professional AFL Footballers.