The Norwood Football Club is keen to receive expressions of interest for the below role:
Sports Science Intern – GPS Analyst
The Norwood Football Club is offering an exciting placement opportunity for a dedicated and enthusiastic sports science student to join its Senior Men’s Football Program as a GPS Analyst Intern. As part of our dynamic sports science department, you will play a crucial role in enhancing our players’ performance through the analysis and interpretation of GPS data.
- Collect and manage GPS data during training sessions and matches to monitor players’ movement patterns, workloads, and physiological responses.
- Collaborate with the sports science team to analyze and interpret GPS data to inform coaching strategies and optimize player performance.
- Assist in the development of customized training programs based on individual player profiles and performance metrics derived from GPS data.
- Work closely with coaching staff to provide real-time feedback during training sessions and matches to support decision-making.
- Current enrolment in a sports science or related undergraduate/graduate program.
- Strong interest in Australian Rules Football and sports performance analysis.
- Familiarity with GPS technology and its application in sports science.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, to align with the team’s training and competition schedule.
This internship provides a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in sports science within the context of Australian Rules Football. If you are passionate about sports performance, possess a keen analytical mind, and are ready to contribute to the success of our team, we encourage you to apply.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest and relevant experience to Rick Shrowder at email@example.com.